Zanussi FL828 - no heat at 40 degrees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fortunate to have owned a Zanussi FL828 for the past 13 years. It has never missed a beat until recently it stopped heating on the 40 degrees cycle. All appears okay on both the 60 & 90 degree cycles. Is the problem likely to be a thermostat or something I could attempt myself if I could get the spares, or should I simply be greatful for such long service and lay it to rest? Any ideas or thoughts appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It certainly sounds like you have a thermostat problem. If everything else with the machine is fine, motor, bearings, programmer etc then it's probably worth considering getting new thermostats to try and cure the problem.
No idea of the cost but you have to decide for yourself whether you think it's worth the cost, with no guarantee of success, against using that money toward a new appliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back