Baxi Bermuda fire wont light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im getting no spark to piezo ignitor, fire is a baxi bermuda 572w and about 25 yrs old, can anyone let me know if spares are still available and if so is it possible to fit replacement part without touching the gas supply

Sponsored Links
Hi. You need to establish if the HT lead is broken and sparking elswhere. Pull the lead of the porcelin igniter and hold it to the metal casing and check it sparks. If it does check that the thermacouple is clean. If there is no spark generated the igniter crystals may have broken down and the igniter needs replacing. Yes you can still buy spares.

Thanks for your reply, I have had problems lighting the fire for a few months now (sometimes having to try up to a dozen times), but until now could always see a spark which looked as it was arcing across without igniting the fire. I cannot see a spark at all now so suspect there is a fault with the ignitor. Il try what you have suggested and see what happens,many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back