BAXI BAROQUE PARTS COMPATIBLE WITH BAXI BERMUDA VP FIRE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Baxi Bermuda VP fire with back boiler, at the moment there is a slight problem with the fire, the igniter wasn't clicking when the knob was turned and "firing up" the fire but it was possible to light the fire manually (a bit tedious but no big deal) however I had a gas installer come to replace the part needed, he did so & cleaned the dust etc with a quick vacuuming after that we couldn't get the fire to light even manually, he isn't sure now what the problem is and has mentioned several parts may need replacing, now we are with no fire, we can't turn it on, but the central heating works ok from the back boiler. He suggested sourcing spare parts and maybe even buying a used Baxi fire to use as spares. I would like to know if a Baxi Baroque spares are compatible with a Baxi Bermuda VP fire, as I have seen one locally for sale, and if I go ahead and purchase at least I will have all the parts I may need for the future as I can't afford to replace fire and boiler yet.

Sponsored Links
Hi, The guy is a registered gas fitter but he has never worked on a Baxi fire / back boiler, as they are both over 25 years old ( the appliances, not the fitter!!), it sounds as though he is more used to condensor boilers etc as he keeps mentioning how cost effective & efficient they are !!

They can be a bit of a nuisance. (VP's and inexperienced trying to repair them:))

The second problem is probably different to the first. The first may need a mlcroswitch, or a clean on a specific area.

The second is sometimes temporarily remedied with a small peice of paper. But unfortunate;y, we cannot hive actual advice here.

Contact another RGI, but ask if they are experienced with BBU/VP's.

The 2 fires are generally the same,but there were 3 in the VP series, and I honestly cannot recall what the differences were. I THINK, though, they were all aesthetic, so the parts are probably all the same.

You could research by googling some parts and comparing the part numbers.

Sponsored Links
True, TWF, but they are essentially the same fire,obviously with different gas connection and spigot.

Michele is right though, different valves, and the later ones have an ODS.

So, there is probably no point in buying a random fire.

Last edited:
Hi, The guy is a registered gas fitter but he has never worked on a Baxi fire / back boiler, as they are both over 25 years old ( the appliances, not the fitter!!),

Get a fitter who's over 25 then!!! An experienced fitter should be able to work on a Baxi BBU with his eyes shut.

Send a boy to do a man's job, mutter mutter mutter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back