Baxi Bermuda 51/5 and VP fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
baxi Bermuda 51/5 and Baxi VP fire front.

Hi all...

I have booked my CORGI mate to come and refit a boiler in my house. We have a new Baxi 51/5 to fit as we cannot go over to high efficiency etc due to home layout. The old one coming out is some 20 years old. I want to keep the Baxi VP fire which is in excellent serviced working order.

The new VP3 replacements has a smaller pipe that links to the fire...

So the issue is that the pipe outlet from the fire looks to be around 6mm or so, while the pipe that goes into the fire is around 10-12mm.

Of course we could just pop the fire on and not have it connected or used.

My question is, is it possible to get a union that will join these two pipe sizes to allow the fire to be connected.

I am sourcing all the parts before my CORGI comes over to fit. (My brother who has now moved abroad, so I need to get ALL he bits)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
best bet is to try Baxi to see if fire is ok for boiler, then get appropriate adaptors from them (or at least the part numbers)

Have a look at www.partsarena.com/baxi Then go into to fire front renewals part numbers will be there. The bigger pipe was for the old 551/552 boiler3 way isolating cock and the smaller was for the newer back boiler cocks

Hi, I did exactly the same last year when replacing a bbu in a listed cottage, Baxi told me the old VP would not be compatible due to different flueing arrangement and that was why the pipe was deliberately a different size. Think the new firefront was about 700 squids!! Sure you cant fit a different boiler in?

Sponsored Links
Ignore razor he has either been given the wrong information or has a different boiler from you . the vp3 is compatabile with the 51/5 as per 51/5 installation instructions
Part number you req i think is 236889 which has been replaced with part number 232463. One of baxi guys on here should be able to confirm

phone gas appliance spares 01772702755 they should be able to supply it

Rather rude to be ignored actually, if you read the post you will see the OP wants to fit a VP Not a VP3. I suggest he contacts Baxi directly and asks them, thats what we did, please post the answer I'm sure it will be instructive to some of us!!

It's ok you're forgiven, interesting to see if they get the same story I did! :)
Seriously by the time you buy a new bbu, fit a new liner and a new firefront it comes to a lot of money for something that should you move most people would not want in the house, there are times its not possible to fit something more modern but not often.

When the VP first came out many years ago they used to say it was suitable for the 551/552 then with no alteration to it at all they then said it was not suitable for the 551 when pushed they admited by telling people the 551 was an old boiler they would get more income from sales of new boilers.
Funny how a baxi baroque costs 300 quid and the near identical VP costs 700quid with about a fivers worth of metal backplate of a difference

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back