Jaguar s-type central locking fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every time I unlock the doors on my 5 year old S-Type Jaguar, the boot pops open as well. It suddenly started happening yesterday. It happens with both fobs and if you unlock the doors manually from inside. Anyone have any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
should the boot pop open at all, ie do you have a button to open the boot seperatly on your fob, and possibly a button/lever inside the car, if not sounds like the lock mechanism on the boot is faulty, ie not holding the boot shut when the central locking has been released. chech the mech and make sure its not clogged wiv old grease or crud, maybe give any seized parts a squirt of wd40 to free up the moving parts!

should the boot pop open at all, ie do you have a button to open the boot seperatly on your fob, and possibly a button/lever inside the car, if not sounds like the lock mechanism on the boot is faulty, ie not holding the boot shut when the central locking has been released. chech the mech and make sure its not clogged wiv old grease or crud, maybe give any seized parts a squirt of wd40 to free up the moving parts!
if the boot is meant to be opend seperatly id say you have prob with the main central locking recieved

There are separate buttons on both the fob and in the car.

Sponsored Links
Thats what I thought. It seems to have turned into an intermitant snag now. Thanks for the info.

could try an ecu reset, might do no gud, but ya never know, disconnect ur battery for 30mins, then reconnect.

Yes I will try that. For now it is behaving so I'll save the reset for next time.
Thanks

Heyyouitsme";p="458760 said:
could try an ecu reset, might do no gud, but ya never know, disconnect ur battery for 30mins, then reconnect.[/ :LOL: quote]this has worked for me many thanks saved a fortune

Sponsored Links
Back