DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Bosch Washing Machine Problem

This topic originated from the How to page called Washing machine troubleshooting
Click here to return to the page called Washing machine troubleshooting.

Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
corkscrew

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quote

Bosch Classixx 1200 washing machine fabric conditioner dispenser does not drain. The fabric conditioner never drains and the conditioner is not diluted therefore no water is entering the dispenser. The siphonic action of the drawer works ok. I have cleaned out the holes above the dispenser.
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
Sleepyhead

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:10 pm Reply with quote

The holes may be clear but the waterways are still blocked.
Take the hoses off the back of the dispenser top and try poking them clear with a thin cable tie.
 Alert Moderators
corkscrew

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:58 am Reply with quote

I have already checked the 2 hoses on the back and they appear to be clear. I can blow through them OK and there does not appear to be any resistance. Does the water that flushes the fabric conditioner dispenser drawer actually come from one of the 2 hoses? If so can it be a relay or control problem?
 Alert Moderators
Sleepyhead

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote

It's not the hoses that are blocked, it's the waterways in the top of the dispenser. It's an extremely common problem with Bosch. Get a long thin cable tie and rod the waterways with it.
 Alert Moderators
sparky415v

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:10 pm Reply with quote

The only sure way to clean a blocked Bosch dispenser is to remove it from the machine and split the top off the unit. This lets you get right inside to clean it properly
As you say it is very common on Bosch. Eric.
 Alert Moderators
corkscrew

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:38 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Guys. I've managed to fix the problem by doing as suggested. I cleaned the 4 slotted holes with a long piece of flat plastic coated wire tie. I do not think this method will prove as effective as removing and splitting the soap dispenser unit but is a whole lot simpler. As it is my own machine I do mind having to do it again in the future. Do you have any reason why the soap dispenser gets coated in a black sludge in the first place? I use a Calgon water softener tablet in the main tray with a soap capsule in the drum and Comfort fabric conditioner in the the softener section of the soap dispenser. Most washes are done at 40C degrees.
 Alert Moderators
buraza

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote

please note forum rule 20
 Alert Moderators
davidgsmith

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote

I have a similar problem but how do I access these holes and hoses?

Thanks
 Alert Moderators
Qgobn

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:08 pm Reply with quote

The Solution: Top up the softener tray with extra water so that it is up to the 'max level' mark.

The softener tray works by a siphon action. Thus, the reason the tray does not empty is that not enough water is added by the machine during the softening cycle, so that the machine does not completely fill the softening tray; only when the softening tray is filled beyond the 'max' mark does the siphon action works. A partially filled tray will never empty - it's impossible due to the siphon.

The reason that not enough water is added to the tray during the softening action is that the water inlet of the machine is partial blocked (you can try to fix that) but it is simpler to just added more water to the conditioner tray.

Thus, the easiest way to ensure that the softener tray empties every time (after adding the softener to the softener tray of course) is to top up the softener tray with extra water, top it up to the 'max level' line (keep a bottle of water by the machine). That way, even if only a little water is added to the softener tray during the softening cycle by the machine it is enough to trigger the siphon action and the tray will empty!

Works for me every time, and no need to remove any parts - I used to take the tray out, clean it, scrub the outlet holes that fill the tray etc, but they used to gum up again quite quickly!

Hope that helps
 Alert Moderators
askandget

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 pm Reply with quote

I'm having similar problem. Recently my washing machine (Bosch Classixx1200) finishes its cycle emptying detergent but not the fabric conditioner?! I'm new on the forum
 Alert Moderators

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote

I can not get the drawer out
 Alert Moderators
JohnD

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:18 pm Reply with quote

7801 wrote:
I can not get the drawer out

I wonder what model you have got, and if you have read the instruction book.
 Alert Moderators
marjoby

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote

"I can not get the drawer out"
In the fabric conditioner section is a raised grey plastic section - press down firmly then ease the drawer out. Sometimes needs a bit more of a pull than you'd think!

Thanks for all the tips about the fabric conditioner not draining - i've had this problem for a while. Will try topping up with water each time (just worried will flood over the top of the drawer).
 Alert Moderators
Dean66Essex

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote

I have this completely SOLVED, what you need to do is:-
Remove the drawer and look inside the drawer slot, at the top you will see loads of holes, in the middle you will notice a peice just above the fabric possition approx 2.5 inches long and 1 inch wide, It will have little clips either side. IT IS THIS PART THAT IS BLOCKED WITH GUNDGE!...You need to prize these clips apart and the middle bit will drop down and you can clean all the crap from it and you will of solved the problem. If you break the piece off dont worry because it will still clip back in place and function as it should.
NO NEED to revove the top and clean the pipes.
THIS IS THE SOLUTION...NO OTHERS WILL WORK!!!
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Appliances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: