Positioning of bathroom underfloor heating controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm at the planning stage of installing a complete replacement bathroom and would like to include electric underfloor heating.
Would appreciate any comments on best places to postion the programmer controller unit and the fused spur isolator. Is it permisable to be inside bathroom - in the zone 3 area, or through the internal wall into what is the hallway? And at what height ?

Sponsored Links
Unless the circuit you are spurring from has an RCD you will need to fit one, or use a combo RCD/FCU.
Personally I put it outside the bathroom, mostly from a safety standpoint and also as most items dont like wet hands or steamy rooms.

Guide to what can go where at http://www.niceic.org.uk/downloads/Pocket Guide 1.pdf

Any height is OK, temp is controlled thru a temp probe in the floor, not air temperature - thats how the controler can go outside.

TTC

PS Dont forget Supplementary Equipotential Bonding and that this is notifiable work.

Much appreciate the comments, certainly helps confirm the options I was considering for relocating the interior fittings/hardware.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back