Cooker and Hob / 40A

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I\\\'ve been reading the posts on here, and had an electrician in (NAPIT Part P registered apparently) but just wanted to check on a couple of bits before he does the work..

I have a 40A fuse / circuit for the cooker, and plan on having a 5235kW (max) hob and 2390kW (max) single oven in the kitchen.

Adding those up and dividing by 230 = 33.15 so presume this means I\\\'m OK with the circuit, but is the control unit likely to be 30A (how can I tell)?

AFAIK he was gonna put in a junction box and put the two onto the above supply.

There is also a spare, single \\\"normal\\\" socket which I guess the cooker could go in, but it\\\'s tucked away behind a cupboard.

Any tips welcome, may get another sparky in for a 2nd opinion as he didn\\\'t fill me with total confidence.

TIA, Dan

Sponsored Links
danp said:
may get another sparky in for a 2nd opinion as he didn\\\'t fill me with total confidence.

That's the best reason for not employing him. If he can't advise you in a way that you understand and makes sense, then find somebody who can.

As for your question, you're right about the maximum loading, but connection is often dictated by physical circumstance and the best solution is more easy to determine by somebody on the spot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back