double oven and hob opposite sides of room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have currently a cooker circuit fed by 40a breaker to cooker switch. Is it possible to wire my hob onto the outgoing of switch and run a 4mm cable off incoming side (daisy chained) over to other side of kitchen to feed another cooker switch that supplys double oven

manufacturers spec says oven wil pull 20a max

Can i do this?
What are my other options apart from running another dedicated circuit

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
nope both electric
thats why i want to daisy chain the feed cable to supply both appliances hob & oven
osg appendix 8
cooker control switch may supply two appliances within
2 meters of the switch if one is more than 2 meters
i cant see a problem with 2 switches protected by 1 mcb
if they are correctly identified

sorry i did not notice 4mm when i posted so take
take rebuke,s post in to account

far better to have a dedicated cooker circuit each side of the kitchen

like me

4mm cable will not take 40A with any installation method, so you can't use 4mm unless there's some additional protection on it (i.e. an MCB / fuse).

There's nothing wrong with running another piece of (at a guess, it might be different depending on what route your cables take) 10mm from the supply side, to just have two points on the radial circuit, although you may struggle to get 2x10mm cables in to the cooker switch...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back