downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I AM WIRING 3 SPOTLIGHTS OF AN EXISTING LIGHT AND SWITCH THE LIGHT WILL REMAIN AM I BETTER OF ADDING A NEW JB OR CONNECTING STRAIGHT INTO THE CEILING ROSE? ALSO DO I CONNECT SWITCH LINE, LIVE AND EARTH. OR LIVE,NEUTRAL AND EARTH I AM USING 2 CORE AND EARTH T+E 1.5MM CHEERS!!

please note forum rule 6

Sponsored Links
Cable size is correct. Connect red into switch feed. Black to neutral and earth into block. Do not install JB. This is for 240v down lighters.

transfer the connections from the ceiling rose into a junction box above the ceiling (must be accessible though).

connect the lights where the pendant would have been connected, and daisy chain the lights.

Sponsored Links
I saw a post on here a while back (sorry I can't remember who) that suggested going from the pendant and daisy chaining to a JB for each light. Then from each JB use heat resistant cable to the halogens. This would avaid problems withthe hot halogens damaging the pvc cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back