old french light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings I have bought some old French light switches and I would like to know if I can use them here in the UK.. the swithes have 4 ports for incoming wires.. two go to the switch when it is up and the other two when switch is down.. any ideas..many thanks indeed

Sponsored Links
I don't like the term old!! Are they up to standard is the big question? What rating is it on them?

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
crafty1289 said:
pictures! front and back! in focus! :LOL:

This is not that kind of a site :oops: young man!
now i re-read it, it does sounds quite rude old boy! :LOL: :oops:

(do people in Hampshire really say "old boy" ? i once knew a chap from Hampshire, he used to say it quite frequently)

crafty1289 said:
(do people in Hampshire really say "old boy" ? i once knew a chap from Hampshire, he used to say it quite frequently)

Not any more.

Some still say "old chap" a few very old ones like to say "dear boy" but it is an affectation (based on Noel Coward).

crafty1289 said:

Not only that we've also been known to use the terms 'chaps' and 'you chaps'. We refuse to succumb to the ghastly ubiquitous americanism 'you guys'!

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back