Issue with Digistat 1 room thermostat wiring! HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have purchased a Digistat 1 room thermostat and I cannot get it to work!

I have 2 wires coming from the wall where the old thermostat was. Both are the same colour (grey), and I am guessing it is a ‘switched live’ wire as one is live (phase tester) and the other is not.

I connected the live wire to terminal 1 (common) and the other wire to terminal 3 (call for heat) and the heating did not come on. When I turn the thermostat down to below the room heat, I can hear the ‘click’, and also when I turn it back up! I also tried other terminal combinations but still no power!

I finally had to just connect the 2 wires to get the heat going again.

Is there something I am doing wrong!

fyi, I live in Ireland!

Rgds

Joe

Sponsored Links
Didn't you get any wiring instructions with it ?

Most digi room stats are zero volt switching (unlike the old one you took out which just connects the 2 wires together, thereby passing on the mains input), that means you can use them to switch whatever voltage you like, but you have to supply it. So the question is, which terminal takes the voltage in that you want the stat to switch ? If that is terminal 2 (or whichever) then you need to put mains voltage onto terminal 2 and it will switch it out to terminal 3. Usually done with just a short lead from your mains terminal 1 jumped over to terminal 2 (assuming that is your switch input terminal).
You need to double check those terminal connections as abviously I don't have the information you have.

Sponsored Links
yep, the actual thermostat and digital reading have nothing to do with the power, it is battery powered. there are 3 contacts on the thermostat that obviously act as a switch!

yea i know, thats why i asked ,terminal 3 is satisfied ,terminal 2 is call for heat

According to the diagram you have got it connected correctly and you can hear the relay click as you set the temp up and down, so if its not firing your boiler, suggest you check the switch with a meter. Disconnect it and go through the up / down temp to make the relay click and check that you are getting continuity between the common and call for heat when you set the temp higher.
N.B. some new things are duff.
N.B. N.B. when you did this test you had switched the heating back on at you programmer so that there was actually mains being fed to the thermostat ?

Just mailed the manufacturer. They says it is a faulty relay, gotta bring it back. Thanks guys!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back