CH not working in the evening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vokera linea 7. My central heating seems to work fine during the day. However, it comes on about 5 in the evening and the pilot lite seems to switch off after about 1.5 hours, and won\\\'t work for the rest of the evening. HW is fine. I recently had to repressurise the system, however I don\\\'t think this would be a problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Could it be something as simple as the timeclock switching it off after 1.5 hours?

Or the room stat is satisfied and turning off the boiler?

Tony

Could just be a gas supply pressure problem. Do you have any other gas applliances?

This may seem stupid, but when you say timeclock, do you mean the digital timer which switches the heating on/off? If so, then the heating is due to last for atleast a couple of hours. Also, the control has a boost option which switches the heating on for an hour, but this also doesn't work.

Heating now appears to not be working at all now.

When I went to repressurise the boiler, I put the adjustable stop clock to closed. Is this correct or should it be open? I'm clutching at straws as this is the last thing I can think off which has caused it not to work.

All other gas appliances are working fine.

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that you are totally unable to get the heating to work during the evening even using manual settings, boost etc. ?

As you say the boost does not work I am even more strongly suspecting your timeclock but without electrical tests i dont see how that could be confirmed.

You have to realise that I come across all sorts of idiots on my visits. One tonight had a thermostat which has been wired backwards and they had never noticed !!! Turning temp up turned off boiler !!!

Tony

When I went to repressurise the boiler, I put the adjustable stop clock to closed. Is this correct or should it be open? I'm clutching at straws as this is the last thing I can think off which has caused it not to work.

What does the pressure read?
You need to open the one or two valves to let water in (you'd hear it) then close same when up to say about 1.3 bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back