BAXI PROBLEM NO CH BUT HAVE WATER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!

I HAVE A BAXI 133 HE PLUS BOILER, THE HOT WATER WORK'S FINE AND BOILER LIGHTS UP. BUT THE CENTRAL HEATING DOES NOT WORK.
IVE BYPASSED THE THEMOSTAT & THE TIMER AND THESE ARE FINE.
GONG THROUGH THE HELP BOOK IT STATES IT IS THE PCB SO I HAVE REPLACED THAT. YET IT STILL WILL NOT WORK
IVE CHECKED ALL THE WIRING AND GETTING 240 IN THE RIGHT PLACES.
CHECK EVERYTHING AND ALL SEEMS FINE IVE EVEN CHANGED THE PCB TWICE TO MAKE SURE.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP AS ITS COLD
THE BAXI BOILER IS ONLY 2 YEARS OLD & BAXI HAVENT A CLUE

and now>>

Hi
its a new boiler only 2 years old.
all off a sudden last night the central heating started working, but the rads are not getting very warm. just warmish. the pressure is near the 3.
im totally confussed.
so i take it that its not the diverter as now the ch is working but not to full potential.??
any ideas ????

and now >>>

the radiators seem to be getting hotter but pressure is on 3 stating there is a fault

pls help

Sponsored Links
pressure on 3 may be the filling loop not turned off or passing .heating fault may be the diverter valve not opening fully, if yoy remove the head u can then pull the shaft into full heating position ,it should move freeley

sounds to me like the cartridge in the dv is stuck. you should be able to push it in and out, without it sticking. there will be some resistance as its sprung loaded....

The diverter value seems fine as it moves between hot water & central heating fine.
the CH is going on but not getting very warm. yet the Hot water is workinhg fine.
any other solutions ??

Sponsored Links
as i said have you removed the d/valve head and checked the valve is moving, as they can just open the heating port giving your fault

I'm not arguing with you, I know the part you mean, but it's odd they don't show it on the parts list!

Yes, sorry this part number is for the bit thats failed, you probably have to order part 247310 valve assy to accomadate this model although 241361 (ex good old 'Bahama') is the only part required.

I take it thats its a 3 way valve ?
how would this help it, baxi do not do a 3 way valve for baxi he 133 plus
just confussing, that ive changed the pcb twice and the diverter valve

i have changed the pcb twice as going through the fault guide it states that the pcb is faulty, so i changed it but nothing happened, i assumed it was a faulty pcb i bought so ordered another new one but same problems.
then i changed the diverter valve.
Baxi 5121025 PCB
not sure part number for diverter.

its strange as i think it cant be anything else but the pcb ?

You say you've changed the diverter valve
was this the
actuator (grey box) 243341
or
Valve body c/w cartridge 247310 (3 way cartridge 241361)
or both?

If you've changed the latter (very long screwdriver is handy for this) to no avail :(
long shot but try disconnecting the hot water flow switch. (Hot water has priority)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back