Baxi (2) Solo 50PF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice please, The PCB on my baxi buzzes for approx 5 seconds when turned on. This only happens when calling for central heating and the Draytom mid position 3 way valve is moving from the Hot Water to the Central Heating position. I have so far replaced the PCB and Drayton valve but the problem remains.

Sponsored Links
This is caused by the relay opening and shutting rapidly (chattering) due to a low voltage supply from the diverter, to solve the problem, you need a suppresor fitted across the boiler neutral and switched live.

Err ... sorry, what low voltage supply from the diverter valve would that be ?

From memory, as the valve moves it sends out aprox 85 - 90v ac, (measured at the boiler switched live) enough to upset the relay but not enough to start the boiler sequence, only trying to help!

Sponsored Links
baxpoti said:
From memory, as the valve moves it sends out aprox 85 - 90v ac, (measured at the boiler switched live) enough to upset the relay but not enough to start the boiler sequence, only trying to help!

Ignore him mate ,,,,he is the resident smart ass

Where's the REAL smart ass answer then, don't see any one else offering advice, only criticism.

scatmanjohn said:
baxpoti said:

Whatever - I'm still waiting for an answer

Poxi has given a totally useless, meaningless reply - no use to man nor beast

scatmanjohn said:
baxpoti said:

He also has a clue and a healthy disrespect for fitters

I'm making a point of being restrained

of course ... I could go back to my normal agressive self - your choice

and I will lay into you at every opportunity, of course

baxpoti said:

Where's the REAL smart ass answer then, don't see any one else offering advice, only criticism.

That wasn't aimed at you baxpoti , but Mr smart arse who tries to belittle anyone if he thinks he can get away with it.

He is a bully. just ignore him, he will go and try his little games on someone else.

He also has a clue and a healthy disrespect for fitters

From reading your previous posts its quite clear that you do have a clue about electronics on boilers.

But you are clearly "clueless" when it comes to respecting people.

I'm making a point of being restrained

You make it sound like we should be grateful

of course ... I could go back to my normal agressive self - your choice

Well if its my choice i would prefer it if you wasn't agrressive.

and I will lay into you at every opportunity, of course

Please don't, I'll do anything you ask :rolleyes:

that raden is such a t*at... still lives at home with his mum and soldering iron..

Fraid not - however, just the sort of post I'd expect from an uninformed retatrd

ah well, back to CORGI baiting then

I had another in today with a fan "which doesn't work"

tested it, it workrd fine

Allmaecht - there are some clueless fitters out there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back