AEG OKO Lavamat 16800 W/D problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The first problem I had was that the Washer Dryer would stop during a drying cycle with error E20. This means that it can't drain, and so I cleaned the filter. I then did a hot wash with descaler to clean out the machine, and this completed OK - in particular, it had no difficulty pumping out all the water. However, the machine was still stopping with E20 after about 1 minute whenever I tried a drying cycle. So, after looking at this forum, I tried a reset - holding down two of the buttons, rotating the control to short spin, then rotating it to Economy (or something like that). Now the machine won't do anything. Whenever I select any program, the timer counts down at hugely accelerated rate (about 1 second to decrement the counter by one minute), and reaches zero before it's managed to do anything.

I'd settle for getting it back to the state it was in before I started - just being able to wash but not dry. But, of course, I'd really like to get it sorted out completely. Please help - I have a one month old and a two year old and the smelly washing is piling up!

Sponsored Links
We're getting the same !! Sorry i can't help as yet as you're the first person i've come accross on my path for an answer... Have you any news yet ? Would appreciate any help you can offer... :)

I disconnected the mains for the night, and the next morning, after switching on, the controller was behaving normally again (no longer counting down to zero so quickly it didn't have a chance to do anything). However, It would still fail part way through a drying cycle. I came to the conclusion that the condenser must have become clogged but it looked like a really big job to get it out to look at it. The last thing I tried, more out of desperation than anything else, was to run it with the fluff filter removed and the little fluff filter hatch open, allowing the water to drain into a tub. A lot of water came out, along with a certain amount of unmentionable detritus. I don't know how, but that seems to have done it - washing and drying have both worked now for over two and a half weeks.

Grumpy Steve,
I have woken this morning to error E20 hell.
Before going the engineer route, I want to follow your advice, but am not sure how.
Can you guide me through removing the fluff filter?
(I lost the manual). It might be ice rather than fluff blocking the pipe after last night's freeze, but a detritus clearout is overdue anyway.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
you will be pushing your luck to get a reply from grumpysteve, he wrote that almost 2 years ago (look at the date) and he has never been heard of since. (look at his post count) good luck

The fluff filter is behind the little trapdoor below and to the right of the drum on the front of the machine. Open the door, unscrew the filter, and pull it out. It will be covered in smelly slimy multi-coloured fluff, which you need to remove. When you remove the filter, there is a good chance that a fair bit of water will come out at the same time, so, if you can place a very low bowl or similar below the filter before you unscrew it it will save you from having to mop the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back