unvented system with microbore?

Water Systems said:
This in effect makes the cylinder "larger". Giving more kW that what is stored in the cylinder.

Now he has got "something for nothing".

A pepetual energy machine!!! Until the store is exhausted that is, when the heat out reverts to the boiler's output!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have now spoken to British Gas and they have measured the mains water pressure and it is around 15 litres per minute - not bad, not great.

I have been advised to speak to my water authority about getting this upgraded to 25 litres per minute by installing a wider bore pipe.

Apparently neither a thermal store nor a vented system will work well unless I can get the pressure up to 25 lpm.

So I am faced with getting a new water main which may generate the required pressure, sticking with a conventional system or stinking in a water store based system that may not generate the required water pressure.

Getting a new water main sounds expensive and messy - is this the best way to go?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back