Bosch SGS43A22GB/01 fills then drains constantly at start of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was given a Bosch dishwasher a year ago and it has worked perfectly until about 6 months ago when began leaking due to over filling, we have put up with this as we just wait until we hear the cycle start after filling and then we know it's not going to leak as it only did this at the very first fill up and then if it did leak we would just reset it, mop the water up and start the cycle again and carry on like that until it worked. Now though, the dishwasher fills, drains for a few seconds, fills some more, drains for a few seconds and carrys on like this until I reset it. I've tried several time to get it to work with no joy, i've tried powering the thing of at the wall for about 12 hours but it still won't work.

Any help with this would be much appreciated as I don't want to go out and but a new one if it is just a part that can be easily/cheaply replaced but at the same time I don't want to call and engineer out incase it has come to the end of its life!

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
If it has a solid base then the anti flood device is being activated.
There is a blockage in the transfer pipe from fill matrix to sump. Clean this out and hope that there is no blockage in the fill matrix.
Drain the base and it should work again.

Hi there, I don't know a great deal about dishwashers, how do I get to this pipe to unblock it?

Remove the top and left side panels, remove the access panel below the door, you should be able to see and get to the pipe. Unplug it from the wall first.

Sponsored Links
Hello again, sorry about this but I have removed the left side panel, (couldn't work out how to get the top off) I think I can see the pipe you're talking about, it's made of the same material as the drain pipe on the outside of the machine? I cannot however, see any way of removing the panel under the door. The white metal bit that you can see from the front of the machine has no screws in it so seems to be glued on maybe and behind that it is plastic kind of ski slope shaped and looks to be part of the bottom of the machine. Hope this makes sense!! Like I said I'm not really an expert on dishwashers! Maybe I am misunderstanding you?

Sorry, I can't really do step by step instructions as I don't have any of the information on stripping a machine written down, I have to work from memory and what with me being an old git, my memory is a bit like a sieve. :confused:

If you open the door and look under at the front panel you'll see two screws, remove these and you'll be able to take off the plastic outer.
Once this is off you see how to remove the metal plate.

Hi there, I managed to get the machine to run, for how long, I don't know. But all I did was took the door panel off, un plugged the two wires that go from the circuit board to the door and plugged them in again, put the machine back together and it worked??? Does this suggest that it may be an electrical fault rather than a blocked pipe?

Impossible to say. Until the base has been checked for a leak and anti flood device checked for operation anything else would just be a pure guess.
You have to work through the problem methodically, ruling out the common causes before going to the expense of replacing expensive parts.
Hopefully it will continue running. You never know your luck.

Happy New Year to you (when it arrives). :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back