Hotpoint WF250 Door Locked Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hotpoint WF250 has got the 'Door Locked' light permanently 'ON'. The initial problem was (probably) at the end of a cycle when the 'Reduce Crease' & 'Time Saver' Lights came on. I have tried turning off at the mains in case it was a door interlock problem but to no avail.
I am sure I have seen a post with these symptoms described but unfortunately cannot find it at present.
Any ideas, anyone?

regards,
Jazomir ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi, Sleepyhead.

I didn't actually see the lights, but my wife tells me it was, from the top:

2 - Reduce Crease \ Both these were flashing
4 - Time saver /

Door Locked was/is permanently ON

Hope this helps

regards,
Jazomir

Those two lights flashing indicate the pressure switch is stuck on full.

Sponsored Links
Power off, lid off, locate the pressure switch, take the pipe off and blow down it. If you can, gently blow into the pressure switch. Try the machine again.
Other than that, your machine has a 5 year parts warranty from hotpoint/indesit.

Sleepyhead,

thanks for this. I shall give it a try and post you back, but probably not today - it's drinky time!

Regards,
Jazomir

No probs. I probably won't be around for a couple of days anyway. :D

Sleepyhead, called in the experts as the machine is still under guarantee (bought it 3 months ago, second hand). After doing what I did several times - ie disconnecting from the mains, waiting, then switching back on, the offending lights turned off and the door could be opened. The engineer thinks that the board reset itself and that was the problem.

Thanks anyway for your help - I have a feeling that I may be calling on your services again, somehow!

Happy New Year,

Jazomir

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back