Dishwasher Filling Up When Not In Use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dishwasher is filling up and needs to be drained while its not in use, or it will leak on the floor. Any ideas as to what the problem is? And is it easy to fix?

Sponsored Links
heeellloo Djayjay and welcome :D :D :D

i for one dont know the answer but

make & model no will help!!!!!
also is it a slow leak !!!
does turning off the hot or cold supplies stop the problem [as in try both individualy and together]!!!!!!
do you suspect it could be the waste side leaking back in!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Is the water supply to the d/wr cold, or cold and hot?

Do you have service valves on the water supply? If so, turn them off one at a time and that will show which is letting in. Sounds like the electrically operated valve, if it is.

It's connected to the hot water supply only. I see the water leaking down inside from where it comes in.

By the way its a kenmore Model # 110729291 Serial # FM47 01077

We don't have Kenmores over here.

It's the water inlet valve which is electrically operated and is leaking. You should be able to buy a spare.

If there isn't already a service valve on the supply pipe, it would be good to fit one. Then you can turn off the supply between uses while you wait for the new valve.

Yeah there is a service valve already on the supply line, I have shut it off till I replace the inlet valve. Is it hard to replace?

Well, I replaced the water inlet valve and it was exactly that... Thanks for the awesome help :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back