LIGHTING IN SHED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A 2.5M BY 3M LOG CABIN AND INTEND TO PUT A FUSE BOX IN THEN A LIGHT WITH A DIMMER SWITCH IN LINE AND TWO DOUBLE SOCKETS HOW DO I DO IT

Sponsored Links
first you would need to determine how many circuits you would need) also thinking of future upgrades) then dtermine your loading on each circuit as this is lighting i would recomend 6A mcb with rcd device as this is out side)the sockets you would again determine the loading cable size two twin sockets may be 2.5mm protected with a 16A mcb with rcd to be able to determine how much loading you may be puting on the cables you would have look at each aplliance and see the power consumtion e.g watts and volts divide watts by volts and this will give you the current(amps)that will need to be less than the mcb and the cable size should be the same or hire than the raiting of the mcb but NOT less than the protective device hope this makes sense laters from MARTIN

first you would need to determine how many circuits you would need) also thinking of future upgrades) then dtermine your loading on each circuit as this is lighting i would recomend 6A mcb with rcd device as this is out side)the sockets you would again determine the loading and cable size two twin sockets may be 2.5mm protected with a 20A mcb with rcd to be able to determine how much loading you may be puting on the cables you would have to look at each aplliance and see the power consumtion and then add the watts all together and then deivide the watts and volts and this will give you the current(amps)this will need to be the same less than the mcb and the cable size should be the same or hire than the raiting of the mcb but NOT less than the protective device hope this makes sense laters from MARTIN

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back