Leaking soap drawer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hoover 1500 washing machine (about 3 years old) started leaking water profusely from the soap drawer last night. No water is draining into the drum and I assume the pipe is blocked with soap powder. Any suggestions on how to unblock it? Have tried with a piece of wire but no joy. Would a drain unblocker like Mr Muscle do the trick? Any help welcome - don\\\'t want an indoor paddling pool like last night :LOL: ! Thanks :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well I wouldn't be surprised if its not a sock or something small and similar. I have repaired many a machine where a sock as slipped between the inner and outer drum and been carried around the drum and ending up stuck around the inlet hose from the soap drawer.
With some machines it is easily accessible to remove the blockage, with some other machines you have to take off all the front of the machine.
Start by taking the top off the machine and looking for the black hose feeding the drum from the soap drawer.

So that's where all those socks go! ;) Have tried to get the front of the machine off - but isn't as straight forward as I hoped. Think I will get an engineer out....sob. But thank you for your help!

Well I wouldn't be surprised if its not a sock or something small and similar. I have repaired many a machine where a sock as slipped between the inner and outer drum and been carried around the drum and ending up stuck around the inlet hose from the soap drawer.
With some machines it is easily accessible to remove the blockage, with some other machines you have to take off all the front of the machine.
Start by taking the top off the machine and looking for the black hose feeding the drum from the soap drawer.

i have water coming from under the soap draw i cleaned pump that worked b4 but not this time wat can i do single mum and would rather do it myself

Sponsored Links
Hi
I did have to get an engineer out eventually. Apparantly the hose into the drum was totally blocked with solidified soap powder - the engineer hadn't seen a machine so badly blocked :rolleyes: . He had to take the seal off to access it - not sure if I would be able to do it myself. Cost about £40... and now I use tablets in the machine to stop it happening again. Not sure if this helps but good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back