fan belt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a hotpoint wf 860 washing machine.And my problem is refitting the fan belt, which came off. Not sure as to why it came off. I cant take the back panel off apart from a foot plate, with not much room to swing a cat. Phoned hotpoint, asking for £89 to refit the belt. very tight fit ??.

Sponsored Links
The procedure for fitting this type of belt is loop over motor spindle first then up to drum pulley wheel and fit as much as you can around the pulley. You will find it will probably go about half way round. At the point were the belt will not go onto the pulley rim any further,wrap a cable tie around the pulley rim and the belt and pull tight.Slowly turn the pulley wheel clockwise and the belt will engage with the rim after half a turn. You may still have a problem as the belt should not have come off in the first place which may indicate a fault with the machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back