Worcester Bosch Highflow 3.5 leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a slow leak coming from a boiler in an empty house where the heating has been left on continuous for a couple of months with the stat set to 12 degrees. The water seems to be coming from the small tank in the left of the boiler (Heat Exchanger). I can get a part for £200 and am technically minded but should I be attempting this or should I get a pro? Could there be anything else wrong as well as or instead of this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think I am going to go into business selling those heat exchangers. As I mentioned before, I used to work for the company that manufactured them, we sold them to Worcester for between £7 and £10 each.

Robbing gits

My plumber has quoted £600 plus VAT. I know he is having a laugh but is it a straight forward job? I'm assuming the circa. 12" x 8" tank is the heat exchanger covering in insulation?

Sponsored Links
Normal trade price for 87161206550 is over £400.

Do WB do a fixed price fix?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back