Baxi 105HE burner fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posting this because Baxi have been useless. Boiler is 13 months old and the burner fails to light after the fan has started. I can sometimes get it started but only on maxumum and if the burner stops for any reason it will not relight for several hours/days. An engineer has visited but couldn't find anything wrong and baxi want to charge a fortune for one of theirs to visit. Is it worth changing the PCB?

Sponsored Links
have you checked condense system.had one other week where some clown had used silicone on solvent overflow fittings and practically blocked the pipe therefore causing water to back up.only after a period of time when condense waste had seeped through the small apertures in the silicone , could the boiler fire.

Cheers for the reply - the condenser was checked and was draining normally but it seems strange that the burner fires if left off for a long period of time. Is it worth getting someone to check it more closely?

It seems that you need a competent boiler engineer.

You say an engineer visited and could not find anything wrong. Was it working perfectly during his visit ???

Tony

Sponsored Links
The guy came round and checked everything in about 20 mins and then said that the only thing that he couldn't test was the PCB and told me to speak to Baxi. I did and they want to charge £300 to send someone round.

But was it working perfectly during his visit ???

If not then a competent boiler engineer would be confident enough with his diagnosis to know that if everything else was working correctly then it must be the PCB and he would change it to get it to work.

Tony

He got it to work whilst he was testing for faults but once it had switched off he couldn't get it to restart

Dan Rogers said:
Boiler is 13 months old
Tell Baxi its only 13 months old and they should come out, plead a little, tell them you have proof of purchase/install date
Dan Rogers said:
and the burner fails to light after the fan has started
on dhw and c/h, any fault lights showing?
Dan Rogers said:
I can sometimes get it started but only on maxumum
How do you get it started? Maximum? maximum what?
Dan Rogers said:
Is it worth changing the PCB?
Only if it's faulty!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back