Electrolux Cooker Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help needed. I am replacing and existing electrical double oven with an Electrolux Double oven. My old cooker had nuts that held the wires in place but my new one only has small screws and it doesn't seem possible to put the wires behind these to keep them in place.

Does anyone know how these wires are supposed to be connected? Do they go at the back of the plate and the screws hold them in place?

The diagram in the manual shows the layout which is fine but does not actually show you how to connect.

Please help - we are all starving!

Sponsored Links
Sorry no camera. I have a diagram but don't know how to put it on here.

Chances are you're looking at the terminals wrongly. See where the screw is, try to look "behind" it, see if theres a terminal hole "tunnel" where you insert the wire.

If the screws are seperated by "walls" of plastic, with square terminal bases, loosen the screw, and see if the square base then moves along the shaft of the screw. You may find the screw actually clamps down a larger square washer onto the cable. The cable goes under the square washer, looped clockwise around the screw.

If not, what is the model number of the oven?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that but neither seem to be the case the model number is EKC6046 and there is a manual on the electrolux.co.uk website, if you could have a look I would appreciate it.

I might be being thick, but I can't locate that model number on the Electrolux site.

Have you fited the links it shows on page 32?

There are quite clear instructions there as to how to attach the cable. It sounds like they just grip under the screw. The terminals are square, with plastic edge guides. This tells me there could be a square washer to clamp the cable, but if not, you cant go far wrong by following the manufacturer's instructions.

Do check for said washers, they may not be immediately obvious, but will be loose when you undo the terminal screws. They may even be loose in a packet somewhere :confused:

Thanks for the reply. Should this be as tricky as it is turning out to be. There don't appear to be any washers. Should I be taking the screws all the way out? I can't seem to get the wires in around the back of the screw without taking them all the way out.

Aye, try phoning them up or a quick email to their technical department. A simple screw will not normally suffice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back