Galaxy Aqua 3000 shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had installed a new galaxy aqua 3000 9.5kw electric shower. Only problem is that when i switch on at the shower it just buzzes???? Any ideas? Is this a shower problem or an electrical supply problem?
Plumber can't come back until end of march due to holiday and the electrician is busy.

Sponsored Links
It has water supplied to it connected from the mains supply with inline isolating valve about 12 inches above the shower inlet, obviously opened prior to switching on.
Water is getting to the shower but thats it, just each time shower powered up, it buzzes. :evil: :evil:

i've just checked the installation manual (http://www.galaxy-showers.com/pdfs/Fitting%20Instruction%20Aqua%203000%20'06.pdf) and it says that for first turn-on the power selector should be on cold and the flow selector fully open.

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
i've just checked the installation manual (http://www.galaxy-showers.com/pdfs/Fitting%20Instruction%20Aqua%203000%20'06.pdf) and it says that for first turn-on the power selector should be on cold and the flow selector fully open.
This is standard for all 'lectric showers, since on first turn-on, there is no water inside the heater, so putting the heat on could ruin the elements before you even start (they are in a very tight space, their only ventilation is the outgoing water).

If theres no water flowing through the unit, for gods sake stop trying to make it work. The buzzing is probably the heaters destroying themselves. Just put cold on if you have to keep testing it.

The inlet is probably blocked by plumbing debris.

I reckon shower will be kapputt.

I fitted one electrics only and plumber didn't flush pipe or carry out proper commissioning.

Normal pracise is to open water isolating valve before connecting to get rid of any debris, the run shower on cold setting without head attached until smooth flow of water. Then fit head and power up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back