Flow rate from tap...too fast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen tap flows too fast, where the water just gushes out and bubbles up.

The tap can be slowed but it is hard to find a balance between gushing and dribbling...I think the maximum flow rate needs reducing.

Thing is I haven't a clue how to do it.

This problem occurs for both hot and cold water btw

Sponsored Links
BoxBasher said:
Don't turn it on full when using it...

:D

I was kinda hoping there may be a more long term answer

It's a funny lift up mixer tap, it's very hard to find the middle ground between trickle and gush !!!

Is there no way to slow the flow rate? Because it never used to gush like it does now...

get two of these and fit them on the pipework you can then throttle the flow down

p1066545_x.jpg
:idea:

Sponsored Links
please if you want to use a standard isolator to decrease your flow go ahead it has a 8mm bore but if you want to do it properly buy a prv (pressure reducing valve ) around £20 from any good plumbers merchant you can manually adjust from a minimum of 1 bar to a maximum of 6 bar then you can find your medium. hope this is good information.

I would agree with Kev.
Fit a couple of service valves to the hot and cold feeds under the sink.Then shut both of these valves off.Open up the kitchen tap, say cold side only, fully open and then open up the cold service valve till your happy with the flow rate. Do the same with the hot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back