Decorating - Colour Tips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I've been searching the net and this board for a bit but I can never quite find what I'm looking for...

Can anyone advise me on a decent place that gives you colour 'tips' when painting rooms.

Stuff like:

"Use bold colours on the end walls in a narrow room to make it appear wider"

"paint your celings lighter to make the room appear taller"

"to make a room appear bigger paint it with x y & z etc."

Any help appreciated. We have an old victorian semi with just the one (long) living room downstairs and darkish original wood floors throught. I'd like to try something but I'm afraid that anything other than magnolia will make the room appear darker or smaller.

Any help mucho appreciated,

take it easy everyone

Chris.

Sponsored Links
You've really answered your own question. If the room is dark (the floor doesnt help) then you are better off with light colours. There are hundreds of 'off whites' available nowadays. Personally my favourite is Grecian white (Dulux) but have a look at the dulux heritage colours there are plenty of colours that will suit a victorian house and they make it easier for you by telling you what era the colours are from. Hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back