Using a mirror as a big tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a big mirror in my bathroom. Its a frameless rectangular mirror about 800x500 from ikea.

Now i am planning to tile the bathroom I want to keep the mirror. Is it possible (or advisable) to stick this mirror on the wall as a 'tile' rather than tiling behind it and then trying to drill the supports back in?

The mirror has a completely smooth back surface, and is approximately the same thickness as the tiles.

Regards, Chris.

Sponsored Links
you could properly mount mirror and tile around it but I would personally remove it tile and replace over tile you or mirror company .
Don't forget to store a feww extra tiles as you won't get any other to match in a few years as patterns and die lots change

In that situation it looks far better if the mirror is cut to suit full tile sizes.

Tile the wall leaving a space for the mirror. Get a mirror cut 4mm smaller each way with polished edges and foil backing then stick the mirror in the hole with mirror adhesive, then grout round the edge of the tile

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back