MIRA Sport Max problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed a Mira Sport Max 10.8 Kw shower - When switched on, 'High' and 'Medium' settings result in 'Low Flow' light coming on (and staying on) after about 5 secs and water does not heat up. On 'Low' setting, 'Low Flow' light does not come on, but water still does not heat. On all settings, turning heat dial makes no difference, water is still stone cold.
Any ideas on how to solve the problem ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I will do. I have just discovered that I can get the shower to work when the head is low down but when shower head is at certain height the 'Low Flow' comes on again and shower goes cold. Not sure if this indicates any other problem.

johnham said:
Any ideas on how to solve the problem?
1. Isolate shower from power and water.
2. Remove water supply pipe from inlet.
3. Turn on water and measure flow rate.
4. If not within the MIs for the product, then find cause and rectify.
5. Else, return the faulty unit to the supplier and get a replacement.

Sponsored Links
For a shower as powerful as this you will need around 1.5Bar 'working' cold inlet pressure to stop the low pressure safety from cutting in ;)

OK....cleaned and replaced inlet filter and problem still there....(I am in a detached 4 year old house) and the manual states minimum maintained inlet pressure of 1bar and minimum static pressure of 0.2 bar to keep flow valve closed. Sorry for being thick but am I likely to be outside these values in a newish house or is that irrelevant here? If it is irrelevant, what is the next thing to check and can I do it myself otherwise I fear the flap of yellow pages winging its way towards me.

johnham said:
OK....cleaned and replaced inlet filter and problem still there.
I'm not too surprised.

(I am in a detached 4 year old house) and the manual states minimum maintained inlet pressure of 1bar and minimum static pressure of 0.2 bar to keep flow valve closed. Sorry for being thick but am I likely to be outside these values in a newish house
It's not likely, but it is possible.

...or is that irrelevant here?
The likelihood is irrelevant - only certainly is relevant.

If it is irrelevant, what is the next thing to check
Softus already said:
johnham said:
Any ideas on how to solve the problem?
1. Isolate shower from power and water.
2. Remove water supply pipe from inlet.
3. Turn on water and measure flow rate.
4. If not within the MIs for the product, then find cause and rectify.
5. Else, return the faulty unit to the supplier and get a replacement.

...and can I do it myself
I don't see why not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back