exploding lightbulbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had 10 mains powered halogen downlighters installed in kitchen a few weeks ago the other day the bulb furthest from switch blew -causing a spark at switch and blowing fuse-tonite the bulb right next to switch did the same but this time the bulb itself exploded!would this be an electrical problem or a prob with the bulbs-banq own brand lighting-bulbs came with lights
cheers

Sponsored Links
It is not unheard of for halogen spots to "explode", the last time I had this problem after installing them, the supplier/manufacturer not only replaced the lamps, but also paid for burnt carpet & bed linen that the hot glass affected.Get on to your supplier & raise hell!!

cjb1971 said:
... mains powered halogen downlighters ... bulb furthest from switch blew -causing a spark at switch and blowing fuse-tonite the bulb right next to switch did the same but this time the bulb itself exploded!

Get used to it. If you must buy fire hazards buy decent ones. ;)

dingbat said:
cjb1971 said:
... mains powered halogen downlighters ... bulb furthest from switch blew -causing a spark at switch and blowing fuse-tonite the bulb right next to switch did the same but this time the bulb itself exploded!

In the instance I had it they were made by a reputable major manufacturer, which is why I would no longer recommend them ,especially in bedrooms.

Sponsored Links
jj4091 said:
dingbat said:
cjb1971 said:

In the instance I had it they were made by a reputable major manufacturer, which is why I would no longer recommend them ,especially in bedrooms.
Another reason to use low energy downlighters! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back