WC Connector leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Flexible pan connector from the soil to the Pan. I was told that the connector should "just be pushed on and left"......but it has a slow leak from where the seal is around the rear of the pan. Can a little sealant be used to stop this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be as a temp fix. Buy an replacement pan connector and fit if seal is damaged on original one ;)

I think the cuff is ok, but the surface of the pan where it is connected has slight pitting........Its not like its a cheap unit either!

I was wondering if the water is managing to get through because of the pitting.

Had a really bad day....the sink leaked and the cistern to pan connector was poor too.

Sponsored Links
even pro`s get jobs like that :cry: .........I went to a newish house in the village where I used to live and EVERY thing I touched had not been assembled/ soldered properly when it was built........in the end I walked out and vowed never to work in those houses again .............because the next door one was the same :eek: when I did a little job there at the same time........I told them , I`d never had so much bother since I left the village 30 years ago :rolleyes: They got half a days work for free, but they`ve got to live with the lash up for the rest of their occupancy:cool: Damacles and Sword springs to mind :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back