Easiboost 2 shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm connecting a shower pump to my mixer shower can you tell me- is it ok to connect it just to the shower ie. from the bath hot and cold supply between {bath and shower}rather than imediately from the tank. Ps- it is a gravity fed system not mains cold! :rolleyes: :idea:

Sponsored Links
depends on what the manufacturer's instructions say - usually they specify a dedicated flange from the hot water cylinder

Parcystrade said:
I'm connecting a shower pump to my mixer shower can you tell me- is it ok to connect it just to the shower ie. from the bath hot and cold supply between {bath and shower}rather than imediately from the tank. Ps- it is a gravity fed system not mains cold! :rolleyes: :idea:[/quote

bath hot supply is off own flange from tank so as i am only needing the pump for the en-sutie shower and not the bath is it ok to T off from after the bath supply hot and cold- the cold is also gravity not mains? :?:

Parcystrade said:
bath hot supply is off own flange from tank so as i am only needing the pump for the en-sutie shower and not the bath is it ok to T off from after the bath supply hot and cold- the cold is also gravity not mains? :?:
As newboy already said, read the MIs.

Sponsored Links
Fine. So have another go at asking your question; in English if you please.

My interpretation of the MI's is that you could get away with plumbing it in as you propose.
However by not fitting an essex flange you do risk air getting sucked in through the vent. This is likely to happen if someone else opens a tap elsewhere in your house and this could damage your pump.
If I was doing the job I would insist on fitting a dedicated cold supply and a flange for the hot. Then I could walk away from it knowing that I will not be likely to get a callback.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back