Under patio wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to lay a new patio onto a full bed of mortar. We have some new low voltage LED lights to install in the patio.

I'm unsure of how to protect the wire under the patio.
I thought about running tube conduit under the mortar to each light. However, the connectors for the lighting are quite big and will not fit inside the conduit. They would be exposed to the ground. I would need very thick conduit to get around this.

The connectors look like this...
http://www.alanmangroo.com/garden/1.JPG
http://www.alanmangroo.com/garden/2.JPG

Is there any other way I can protect them? They look quite tough and I expect they will be water proof.

Any advice?
Thanks
Alan

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
over the top mate...

he has 12v leads to run the lights and is looking for a way to protect them..

I suspect that they will be waterproof connections given that they are screw on type moulded plugs... do they have any washers in the plugs?

how big are the connections?

25mm adaptaflex should be more than enough..

or conduit and put a through box (with gasket) As and where required (may need some silocone)

Thanks everyone.
I think that Adaptaflex stuff is what I need. The connectors should fit through it ok. Screwfix sell something that looks the same so I'll get down to my local tradecounter for a look.

Thanks again
Alan

When laying slabs onto concrete and cable ducts are needed I have used expnaded polystyrene block cut to shape and pressed into the wet concrete and the slab with hole placed on top. When all concrete has set the polystyrene can be melted with a hot air gun into a blob which can be left in the cavity or lifted out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back