Another low pressure light shower query.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, We have recently installed an electic shower.
It is a Triton Bezique 11 9.5 w. An electrican did the wiring and we did the plumbing.

We live in a tower block on the 16th floor. The water pressure is apparently over 1bar - which is recommended and the water pressure has always seemed very good.

We have plumbed from the kitchen rising main, about 2 metres away from the bathroom. We are however getting a low pressure indicator light, and cold water only when we operate the shower. We have cleaned the shower head and checked the inlet pipe isnt blocked. We have no more ideas and no more money to spend

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Marth39

Sponsored Links
Is the size of the pipework and supply large enough to sustain the pressure under flow? Might be one for the plumbing forum too.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've posted over on plumbing too. We followed all the sizing instructions for the pipes, so think we are fine there.

Marth

When you first switched the shower on, did you have the temperature dial set on cold until the little tank filled up because if it was turned to hot then the water heater would have come on with an empty tank & probably burned itself out.

Sponsored Links
Norv said:
When you first switched the shower on, did you have the temperature dial set on cold until the little tank filled up because if it was turned to hot then the water heater would have come on with an empty tank & probably burned itself out.

Thanks for replying. Oh I don't know. We did the plumbing first, had the water turned off at the isolator when the electrican came to wire it up. He was the first person to turn it on.
Is there a way to tell if it's burned out?

Marth

doubt it would since you say it has a low pressure light..

modern showers should have sensors that prevent the element overheating or coming on if the water is not flowing or at a high enough pressure..

Just a thought, speaking from experience, I did the same thing but the thermal cut out cut the power to the element, but was still getting cold water through. The shower had to be returned to the manufacturer for repair but I took mine back to B&Q & got a new one.

The commissioning procedure is to turn the shower on cold for a few minutes to fill the shower's boiler and immerse the heaters.

Norv said:
Just a thought, speaking from experience, I did the same thing but the thermal cut out cut the power to the element, but was still getting cold water through. The shower had to be returned to the manufacturer for repair but I took mine back to B&Q & got a new one.

Hiya, thanks for replying. I've got a feeling it's the pressure. I suppose I may have to buy a pump and connect to the cold water tank. Though saying that, if I buy one and its still cold I would have to concede it's the shower it'self.

Marth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back