Time Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just in the process of fitting some lights at the bottom of the garden and have got a Time Guard Weathersafe programmable timer. The actual timer is a "Theben" TR 610 Top but I am not sure how to wire it in respect of incoming power and outgoing to the lights as the diagram just shows N L1 & L2. I have found a pdf with the wiring diagram if anyone can comment. www.prokontrol.com/Fr/Catalogue/MISC.pdf

Sponsored Links
it's not brain surgery...

live to L
neutrals to N
link from live (L) to 2
lights on 1

this is notifiable since it deals with external electrics...

and you are not competent to fit it judging by the question..

edited because I first answered based on your post, didn't read the manual..

you failed to mention it had changeover contacts.

Thanks for your help ColJack - I now have light!
Found out this morning one of our neighbours is a spark so just had him round to test it before switching on.

Forgot to ask him about the notifiable bit....does this still apply even though power was already there and its only a mod to the existing?

As far as the brain surgery goes I have rewired a house before now but it was the link on the live that threw me. Better to ask 1st & get it right than fry and ask later!

Sponsored Links
definately better to ask, there's been some harsh comments on here tonight, can we take a moment to calm down

:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back