Noisy Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cold water tap on our bathroom sink makes a loud whistling noise if it is turned on too quickly. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Sponsored Links
Has it got a flexi- hose tap connector? (check under the sink) . If so, check this hose for kinks.

if its of any consolation, our bathroom tap now does that, after i changed washer.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your responses.

Paul AH - you must be a professional!

keyplayer - no it doesn't have a flexi-hose connector - copper pipes all the way by the looks of it.

breezer - I haven't changed the washer, its started doing it without me fiddling with anything.

Could it be air trapped in the system somehow?

is it an old tap? perhaps the washer is worn? have you tried changeing it (the washer)

I recently changed the washer on one of my taps and after about a week it made an incredible noise when turning it on. This went down well in my household at 6:15 am. Still it got everbody up.

Anyway, I took the tap apart and found that the new washer had flattened completely and squashed out causing the water to rush through a small gap left and obviously causing vibrations in the pipe. Changed the washer again :mad: and no problems since. :D

breezer/Ian B - thanks.

The house is only 4 years old but I will try changing the washer in the tap.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back