Keeps filling up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There, We recently bought a Hoover Nextra 6 1400 and sometimes it just keeps filling up with water and never starts the wash, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
assuming it never floods the floor its syphoning.

pull you waste [ipe back up the stand pipe, it should only be in 3-4 inches

I checked the outlet hose and it was shoved right down to the bottom, so i've pulled it up and re positioned it to only hang down as you suggested. Thanks

now you know what the "funny grey hooky thing is for" most think its to hang it on the sink

Sponsored Links
Oh, don't have one of those on the pipe so I guess i'll have to keep checking that it hasn't worked its way down again, but as long as it stops its continual filling up then I guess its a small price to pay!

well i am happy that you knew what i meant by "grey hookey thing" they also stop the pipe coming out

i suppose you could tape the grey pipe to the standpipe so it forms a hooky shape and stays put

yeah i'll try something, anyway assuming all is well now i'll thank you for your help. If it continues to do this odd filling up thing then I guess i'll call out an engineer under the warranty.

Rudders said:
Hi There, We recently bought a Hoover Nextra 6 1400 and sometimes it just keeps filling up with water and never starts the wash, any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back