hoover nextra optima washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have a problem with my hoover nextra optima washer.
everytime i turn the washer on it goes to the delayed start and then it will not work for days does any one have any ideas about what is wrong with it. thanks

Sponsored Links
If I remember rightly Hoover Nextra fault codes are indicated by the start and delay led's flashing in unison. They should show a pattern that lasts around 10 to 15 secs then pause. Count the number of flashes between pauses & report back.

That would point to a fault in the NTC temp sensor (which monitors water temperature) or a break in the heater circuit someplace. It could also be a bad electrical contact between the sensor & the pcb. Usually the NTC is mounted in the heater element body but it depends on which model you have. I am afraid it will be a process of elimination as error codes are not always 100% accurate. Post the model number (you should find a sticker in the door opening). Do you have access to a multimeter to measure resistance & continuity? Remember to pull the plug before performing any examination.

Sponsored Links
Hi the model no is HNL7166. do you think it would be better to get someone out to look at it. thanks.

If your machine is out of warranty & you don’t feel confident in attempting a repair yourself call qualified assistance.
It is better to spend a little money rather than risk injury or worse. Ask for estimates from a couple of reputable repairers & take it from there. Good luck :D

If I remember rightly Hoover Nextra fault codes are indicated by the start and delay led's flashing in unison. They should show a pattern that lasts around 10 to 15 secs then pause. Count the number of flashes between pauses & report back.

Hi Zipper,

we have the same fault with our washing machine and it flashes 11 times any idea what that fault might be.

Thanks

Lee

There is no 11 flash error code on Nextra washers. Post the full model details on the door sticker.
Nextra isn't a model...just a fancy name thought up by their marketing bods.

There is no 11 flash error code on Nextra washers. Post the full model details on the door sticker.
Nextra isn't a model...just a fancy name thought up by their marketing bods.

Hi Zipper,

the model number is hnwf 7167

If you are definitely seeing a repeating 11 flash alarm then your pcb is history, this is an invalid error. Sure it isn't 10 flashes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back