SHOWER TRAY SLOW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower tray is not draining quickly, after 10 minutes the tray overflows. it also takes ages for tray to empty. Any suggestions will be helpful as the wife won't stop nagging. :cry:

Sponsored Links
here is one out of the blue

try clearing its drain plunger or chemmies should do you

i believe i have already done that and have checked the levels it appears like the trap is'nt coping with the flow????

oh ok

right you going to need to upgrade the diameter of the pipe then if you cannot achieve suffcient flow with what you have got

:)

Sponsored Links
i believe the waste pipe fitted at the mo is 32 mm will i have to upgrade the trap and pipes to 40mm?????? :confused:

well yes 1 1/4 just aint big enough is it

you may need to go even bigger if you dont have the fall

Had a friend do the work who is meant to be a plumber/builder, it now appears my ex-friend is a jack of none and a master of none and a bit of a con man, but never mind that stuff.

My waste pipe is definately 32mm, but i should be able to upgrage the trap and pipework so what size of pipework would be best????

40mm is the minimum for a shower tray or bath. 32mm should only be used on a hand wash basin.

As Corgi says we do not know what fall etc you have. I presume you have got a continuous fall and it hasn't been 'forced' up at some point to join on to existing wastes ;)

i believe i a continuous downward flow so i'm off to but a new trap and pipes, thanks for the advice i'll keep you updated. :D

dave the rave said:
Had a friend do the work who is meant to be a plumber/builder, it now appears my ex-friend is a jack of none and a master of none and a bit of a con man, but never mind that stuff.

My waste pipe is definately 32mm, but i should be able to upgrage the trap and pipework so what size of pipework would be best????

u probably have the right trap in it but as Gas says it should be 1.5 inch minimum

never mind get your solvent out

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back