What combi condensing boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of replacing a very old thorn system boiler with a combi condensing model. I have had several quotes and each installer has given conflicting advice regarding boiler manufacturer. Having been told that Biasi are brilliant and reliable by one who then said that parts and support was good?. Another said get a vokera, brilliant and parts are available locally(cleckheaton, I live in shipley)?. Don't get a vaillant or bosch as they are complicated and no one wants to work on them. but both are reliable, said another. All seemed to say that Potterton, Ariston and some others I have never heard of are totally crap. I cannot make my mind up having spent a lot of time searching on the interweb for information. The installation costs are all roughly the same and the installers were all honest good guys (apart fron the one who said he would be there at 7pm and turned up at 8.45pm and shrugged his shoulders when asked why he did not ring to let me know, I shrugged my shoulders and shut the door). So, what boiler should I get. Thanks. Tony.

Sponsored Links
trammel said:
the installers were all honest good guys (apart fron the one who said he would be there at 7pm and turned up at 8.45pm and shrugged his shoulders when asked why he did not ring to let me know, I shrugged my shoulders and shut the door).

I do have to say that you sound like a customer from hell.

This fellow has come to give you free advice during his evening and because he stayed to finish a job you treat him as if he is an ignorant plumber! What rudeness you showed to him! You probably expect them to use the tradesmans entrance.

I am sorry to say that I hope you get a good fellow who finishes work at 5 pm to get home in time to go out to the pub rather that staying an extra hour to finish the job.

All the boilers are reliable if properly installed on a clean system. With a little bit of luck you will get a cowboy who has no jobs to do who is able to get to you at any time you choose. Somebody in demand because he does a good job is going to be busy and you may have to wait before he can start.

Make sure you independently check his CORGI number.

Tony

Sponsored Links
when you get up at 5.30 every morning and drive 1000 miles a week and then do an 8 hour shift every day as an industrial electrician, and be a single father then you can then start calling me, nearly two hours late in a scruffy van, what would you do Einstein.

At risk of constantly repeating my self, go for Vaillant! I fit nothing else. Sorry craig :LOL:

Old ones were complicated to work on, but latest models are a piece of pi**.

Reliable state of the art boilers.

Other boilers are available at less reliability. This offer does not effect your statutory rights etc etc :LOL:

gas4you said:
At risk of constantly repeating my self, go for Vaillant! I fit nothing else. Sorry craig :LOL:

Old ones were complicated to work on, but latest models are a piece of pi**.

Reliable state of the art boilers.

Other boilers are available at less reliability. This offer does not effect your statutory rights etc etc :LOL:

Your recommending a vailllant dave??

well I never

stone me

i'll go to the foot of our stairs

theres a turn up

;)

Sorry corgi. I'm on me own tonight as I've given other half away to poxi :LOL:

Vaillant? never heard of em, must be a homebase special :LOL:

Corgi I don't think you have ever told me what you fit! Come on tell me, pleeeeeease, pretty pleeeeeease. Bet its Vaillant :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

gas4you said:
Sorry corgi. I'm on me own tonight as I've given other half away to poxi :LOL:

Vaillant? never heard of em, must be a homebase special :LOL:

Corgi I don't think you have ever told me what you fit! Come on tell me, pleeeeeease, pretty pleeeeeease. Bet its Vaillant :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

we fit WB, but after seeing their baffles and burners I am betting we shouldnt have

LMAO

The customer is always right:cool: Yes I am sometimes unavoidably late for appointments but I always try to let the customer know or not set a specific time. I wouldn't just shrug my shoulders as that is just plain rude.

If you want a decent boiler then buy either Atag or Viessmann. If your an industrial guy you should appreciate the quality of these boilers.

I don`t install, just repair combi boilers.

The one i visit the least is the Vaillant. Good boiler and excellent engineering.

A lot of installers give them a wide berth because they think they are too complicated to work on if they develop a fault but this is not true.

Find their technical service to be v.good.

Paul

:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back