Worcester Heatslave won't relight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I've searched the FAQs etc, and haven't found an answer to this anywhere, so here goes:

Worcester Heatslave 9-24 combi (old!) running on LPG. I stupidly ran out of gas and the tank was empty for 10 days till the Calor tanker came and refilled. The cooker is working, so I know I have a supply into the house.

But ... I can't relight the boiler. Can't seem to get a gas supply through at all, when holding the large grey knob either part way in or all the way in, pilot light simply won't light. Is there some sort of lock-out / reset button I am missing?

There is a grey plastic cover near the igniter button, when I remove this there is a little metal button which can be pushed in then it springs out, is this a reset button and if so does anyone know the correct procedure? There is also a small nut/screw on top of the gas inlet, which will turn 1/4 turn anticlockwise and back, but that isn't making any difference whatever position it is in.

I replaced the thermocouple two months ago, and that has worked perfectly ever since.

If you think this is a more serious gas problem I will get a CORGI guy out, but if it is something simple I am missing, I would rather sort it myself. We are very remote and I don't want to pay someone £100+ callout just to press a button!

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Some muck has got into the pilot injector needs someone in to strip down

Can you see any spark at the pilot light when you hold the gas valve knob in and press the igniter?

Tony

Hello, thanks for your replies. Yes there is a good spark at the igniter. I have also tried opening the spy glass and using a spill, but still nothing. There is no smell of gas at all, just soot, so it looks like the 'muck in the pilot' is the problem

Sponsored Links
That should be dealt with by an LPG CORGI !!!

Probably even more so because of the unique properties of LPG and the added dangers.

Tony

You better leave now to get there for friday then. its really out in the wilds where men are men and sheep are worried.

You replaced thermo couple yourelf,,, pilot injector is just beside it and can be accessed by undoing the connection just below pilot assembley..

Its your own house so up to you what you do but if you do remove to clean it either blow through it or a very fine needle , do not make the hole any larger than its original size

Thats not much use unless you have TWO pairs of wellies to fit both front and hind legs!

Or have I missed something.

Tony

Thanks again everyone. Turned out that the inlet pipe from the tank needed purging of air. I opened the inlet test point screw until gas could be smelt, then closed it up and the boiler fired up nicely :)

"Thats not much use unless you have TWO pairs of wellies to fit both front and hind legs!

Or have I missed something."

LOL yes you have, with its back legs down YOUR wellies it can't run very far (or so I have heard ... :oops: )

I used to keep three sheep but I never considered putting their hind legs into MY wellies.

Why would anyone want to do that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back