French doors - fixed open setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can you get French doors that you can open slightly like you can with windows. We are having french doors in a new kitchen extension but there wont be any other windows to open so I want to be able to open the french doors slightly for ventilation. The doors will have trickle vents but we will need more. I have seen some doors that tilt inwards but I require the doors to open outwards as well and this type only open inwards.

Sponsored Links
Are they plastic or wooden?

Do you have burglars in your area?

I havent got them yet but plan to have plastic. Yes we have lots of *****'s around here (out in the country) but I dont plan leaving the doors open when I go out. Alarm and killer cat will protect the house anyway!

Sponsored Links
Most uPVC French Doors do not have this facility, but you can buy French Doors with restrictors which can be designed to only open to a certain position.

I could recommend a company in Solihull who may be able to help you called The Window Centre. You can find their details at
*************** Advertising link removed
Rupert **************

You can get child restrictors which are designed for windows, but could probably fit French Doors, but they'll probably not be overly secure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back