Plastic pipe inserts - seals or no seals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been putting some plastic pushfit pipe in place and I had a mixture of inserts from previous bits I've done - some had two o-rings on them and some where plain plastic and a couple were metal.

Is there any rule as to which I should use? I ended up using a mixture.

The push fit fittings I used where floplast or something like that from Screwfix.

Sponsored Links
sotal said:
Just been putting some plastic pushfit pipe in place and I had a mixture of inserts from previous bits I've done - some had two o-rings on them and some where plain plastic and a couple were metal.

Is there any rule as to which I should use? I ended up using a mixture.

The push fit fittings I used where floplast or something like that from Screwfix.

Makes no difference.

So if I buy more should I get the ones without seals as they are cheaper? :LOL:

The metal ones are usually supplied and used with Hep2O pipe and fittings, the twin 'o'ring ones are usually the speedfit super seal and the plain plastic were the speedfit inserts used when connecting plastic pipe to a brass compression fitting or rad valve. Super seal ones wouldn't fit in olive ;)

Sponsored Links
I've just used some super seal ones in compression fittings - will they be OK?

I just put the nut on first then the olive then inserted the insert then tightened it all up.

if its fitted and it works and your happy with it then leave them ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back