Baxi Combi 80 ECO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With boiler controls set to hot water and radiators and radiator thermostats and room theromstat set to off we re getting heat out of a few radiators when the hot water tap is switched on. Can any one advise!!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks. We turned the boiler control to hot water only and the same happened. Could it still be the diverter valve and if so is this part expensive?

Yes the diverter valve does what it says, it diverts the heated water to iether the rads of the plate heat exchanger for hot tap water. I would expect that your hot tap water is not as hot as usual as well.

Dont know how hard or expensive it is on this model but a rough guess would be around £140 - £200 :confused:

Sponsored Links
1. Are you getting hot water or is it tepid
2. Any baging or knocking noises
If any of the above the plate heat exchanger will be blocked and the primary water is being thrust down the heating circuit..

Water does get hot when tap turned down low but not scalding. No knocking noise noticed.

If the heat plate exchanger is blocked how do we resolve.

Do you not think this could be the Diverter Valve?

Heat ex very easy to check on this model.
1.Turn off all isolation valves under boiler
2. Open hot tap
3. Drain primary water out of boiler via draincock under pump
4. Remove 2 screws that hold plate heat ex
5. Lift out and look inside for build up of debris

Should only take 45-60 mins for a D-I-Y er.

Not forgetting you need the 4 square section seals when you replace it (at a rip off price :eek: )

Gasguru said:
Not forgetting you need the 4 square section seals when you replace it (at a rip off price :eek: )

Try a smear of grease. Take them out and check should not get any problems

Perhaps its just the boilers I see but the seals often appear fairly compressed and I wouldn't want to risk it.

I think they are also used on the Glowworm Compacts/ SD 30's so may be a little cheaper.

From memory the plates are about £25.00 but the 4 seals about a tenner - mad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back