Intermittent water pressure upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Moved into a new house a couple months ago. I've noticed on a couple of occasions that the water pressure on the 1st floor is very weak. To the point where it just dribbles out the tap.

When left for a while, the pressure seems to return, but with a coughing and spluttering as if there was an air lock or the mains water had been switched off by the water board etc.

I've only ever noticed the problem in the evenings, and even then only once or twice.

Pressure downstairs is fine, as is hot water pressure upstairs. We have a water softener, but I don't see why that should affect the pressure; especially not only on one floor!

Any clues?

Sponsored Links
The upstairs taps will be fed from a tank in the loft,see how big(small) it is when you say it happens in the evening do you have w/machine bath shower e.c.t. going :?:

other option is to have the tank just feeding hot water tank and put cold upstair taps on mains presure :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Thanks -- I'll give it a once-over next time I'm up there.

It hadn't occurred to me actually - my last place was mains-fed upstairs for cold water. Can't see the advantage of a header tank to be honest?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back