Removing the Cover from a Honeywell 2 Port Motorised Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening

Can any one tell me how to remove the cover from the top of a 2 port valve ?

There is a steel coloured cover on the top of the valve.

Does the top cover come off or does the whole thing have to be removed ?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
There is a screw at the top end of the cover, loosen it and pull the case off.

Is there a little metal 'pip' on the top of the cover at one end? If so you can remove the top. If not you will have to replace the entire valve.

Little screw at one end on side, undo this, then 2 brass screws (one each side) can be removed then lift actuator off.

ollski said:

That can also be at the bottom depending on which way up the valve is fitted! Could also be at a side!

Dave, I think he is only interested in removing the outer cover at this stage!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
ollski said:

That can also be at the bottom depending on which way up the valve is fitted! Could also be at a side!

Dave, I think he is only interested in removing the outer cover at this stage!

Tony

No got to disagree Tony, the top end of the valve is always the top end of the valve regardless of the orientation in which it is fitted. In much the same way as the wheels on your van are on the bottom of the van even if it sliding along on its roof. ;)

Although what I actually meant was top was being furthest to the brass body at the bottom...at the end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back