Install toilet syphon

Toocheaptopaysomeone said:
I took out the old one and am trying to fit the new one but it just refuses to go it the hole.
Something is very wrong. Please tell us the diameter of the hole and also of the siphon tail.

Sponsored Links
Now don't take this the wrong way but you have took the nut off haven't you. :LOL: Seriously though it sounds like one of those cheapo type toilets, probably with a flaw in the casting, which would explain why the old one was so tight as well.

""I think the problem is that the syphon should be screwed in but I can't be physically srewed in because there is not enough room to ROTATE it in the cistern. I think I will give up and call a plumber!""

Reading this bit again seems to explain the problem. He has not removed the cistern from the pan. He has wrenched the old syphon out of the cistern by brute force and is now trying to screw the new syphon tail into what's left at the bottom. I would like to think I've got it wrong and he's doing it the right way but I fear the worst.

Steady, I fear you're right, and I'd pay good money to watch a video of what's been going on.

Sponsored Links
Come on son reveall all "steady" has hit the nail on the head so to speak.will put my beer money on lads we dont get a photo or reply

Well I took the cistern off and fitted my new syphon. Easy when you know how!!!! It works perfectly and has resolved my problem flush. Thanks for all the feedback :D

Toocheaptopaysomeone said:
Well I took the cistern off and fitted my new syphon. Easy when you know how!!!! It works perfectly and has resolved my problem flush. Thanks for all the feedback :D
Please please please tell us how you removed the old siphon without removing the cistern. :eek:

I think I understand now that I've re-read the post where you said you had to break it off.

I guess you'd been through something of an education with this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back