Extractor and Hidden Plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a kitchen that's partly installed and realised that electrics for extractor not accounted for. I have a double socket with two flat grey wires going into them at ground level that would be behind oven if i left it like this but am wary of accesing these if anything goes wrong in the future. Am i able to wire from these sockets to feed oven, hob and extractor. I want easy access to all appliances and for oven and hob to plug into hidden sockets and extractor via an FCU (not an expert in any way shape or form) so that no cables are dangling around. Hope you can help

Sponsored Links
Assuming we are talking about electric hobs and ovens then you can NOT wire them both into a double socket. The hob will probably draw 20A+ which is far more than you can draw through a plug top so will need a dedicated circuit back to the consumer unit. If we are talking about the ignition for a gas hob, then yes, you can plug that in.

You may be able to get away with feeding the oven from the socket if it is <13A and again, if it is just for the ignition and small light then that too can be connected to the double socket. If the cooker is >13A then it will need to be hardwired back to the CU.

Come back with the power ratings for the hob and oven and we can advise you further.

The oven can be fed of a 13amp fuse and the hob only requires power for the ignition. Will I have a problem with access from a regs point of view if both the points are behind the oven and cooker. If so what's the best solution.

Sponsored Links

I think you are being silly now. Just ignore the thumbs down and they will stop.

Or you could try acting like an adult, that might work.

Just ignore the thumbs down
Dream on - there is no chance whatsoever that I will ever tolerate people voting my, or anybody else's, posts down for reasons which are clearly illogical, nothing to do with the content of the posts, and driven by ulterior motives.

You freely admit that you vote posts down when there is nothing wrong with them.

Now you are saying that if I ignore them they will stop, which is yet more proof that it is happening for invalid reasons.

The idea of a post rating system is to rate the post, not to cast a vote in a popularity contest of the person who made it.

You don't like me? I don't give a ****, I can live without the personal approval of someone like you.

I don't like you, and I'm sure you feel the same about that.

The difference is that I have never, and will never criticise anything you post unless I disagree with the content .

You are the one at fault regarding the abuse of the rating system, not I, and it is not my behaviour which needs to change, it is yours.

Just ignore the thumbs down
Dream on - there is no chance whatsoever that I will ever tolerate people voting my, or anybody else's, posts down for reasons which are clearly illogical, nothing to do with the content of the posts, and driven by ulterior motives.

You freely admit that you vote posts down when there is nothing wrong with them.

Now you are saying that if I ignore them they will stop, which is yet more proof that it is happening for invalid reasons.

The idea of a post rating system is to rate the post, not to cast a vote in a popularity contest of the person who made it.

You don't like me? I don't give a ****, I can live without the personal approval of someone like you.

I don't like you, and I'm sure you feel the same about that.

The difference is that I have never, and will never criticise anything you post unless I disagree with the content .

You are the one at fault regarding the abuse of the rating system, not I, and it is not my behaviour which needs to change, it is yours.

You live in cloud cuckoo land. If I vote one of your posts down I do it for a valid reason. You won't see it as valid because you are so far up your own rear end you see nothing.

I recently thanked you for one of your posts, and will again if I think it is deserved.

Get over it sweet pea.

You live in cloud cuckoo land. If I vote one of your posts down I do it for a valid reason.
I don't believe anyone has voted him down because of what he has to say, but because of the way he says it.
You think that's a valid reason?

Do you think that it is always a valid reason for every -ve vote I get?

Just ignore the thumbs down and they will stop.
If ignoring thumbs down makes them stop then all that does is prove that they were given to provoke a reaction, not for a valid reason related to the content of the post - it shows that the motive behind them was not rational criticism of the post content.

I recently thanked you for one of your posts, and will again if I think it is deserved.
I know you did.

And did you do so, and will you do so again, because you thought the content was good, or because you liked something imaginary about it?

cumbriahandyman, if you're not prepared to discuss whether voting my posts down for reasons other than what they say, is and is always the right thing to do then there's little point you posting any more here.

You live in cloud cuckoo land.
Well I've flown down from there now - I no longer harbour any expectation of you being able to behave rationally and logically.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back